What is IV therapy?
IV therapy is intravenous therapy, which means the fluid and ingredients are infused directly into your bloodstream rather than being taken in orally. IV therapy has been used in some form for about 100 years. Fluids, electrolytes, medications and even nutrition are frequently used in hospitals and clinics around the world.
Who could benefit from IV therapy?
Almost anyone can benefit from IV therapy. I personally do an IV about every 4 weeks. Any time I am feeling run down I do our immunity boost IV and I definitely see improved energy and mental clarity with the NAD+ infusions. The best part about our IV therapy at Rejuvenated Medical Spa is that we can customize the treatment for your needs. Your particular needs can differ based on age, diet, exercise frequency and intensity, how much alcohol you drink, what supplements you take, and how healthy your gut is. We frequently treat patients with headaches, hangovers, dehydration, and fatigue. We have also successfully treated patients for exercise recovery, acute illnesses, chronic fatigue, mental fog and more. In fact, some of our therapies may even help slow the aging process. Several of our IVs include high doses of vitamin C and glutathione which are powerful antioxidants. We can all use these benefits as we are constantly exposed to toxins and oxidative stress in our daily lives.
Does IV Therapy Hurt?
There is a small amount of pain with the initial stick but once the IV is placed, there should be no pain.
How long does IV therapy take?
This varies based on your specific IV therapy but most IV therapy can be completed in 30-60 minutes. Another grat thing about Rejuvenated Medical Spa is that you can relax in our lounge or enjoy a facial while your IV infuses. Some medications and nutrients such as NAD+ have to be infused at a slower rate.
What IV therapies do you offer?
We can customize IV therapy for almost anyone. Our most common IV therapies are:
- Vitality IV: this infusion replenishes vitamins C, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and B12 to give you a boost of energy.
- Rejuvenate IV : Nobody wants to be sick and who has the time? The best way to avoid being sick is to keep your immune system functioning at a high level. This includes a healthy lifestyle of adequate sleep, exercise, nutrition and hydration. Our Rejuvenate IV can quickly hydrate you and replenish your much needed vitamins such as vitamin C, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12 as well as high dose glutathione and we can even add zinc for optimal immune function.
- Hangover Recovery IV: reduce the price you pay the day after or help prevent a hangover with 1000ml of IV hydration with electrolytes and symptomatic treatment for nausea OR headache.
- Migraine IV: 1000ml of IV fluid hydration, symptomatic treatment for headache AND nausea, magnesium.
- NAD+: Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) is one of the most essential molecules in your body and is involved in chemical reactions of every cell in your body. As we age, NAD+ levels decrease. Low NAD+ levels have been linked to health conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, heart disease, and more. Our IV NAD+ can replenish these levels. NAD+ infusions can maximize brain function, improve energy/fatigue, increase cell regeneration and help slow the effects of aging and may even help chronic pain.
* NAD+ is best done in a series of 3 weekly infusions over 2 hours each or in weekly injections for 6 weeks.
Call us now to book your IV Therapy Treatment. Why not add it onto a facial appointment?! Please request in advance to ensure we are able to provide the IV that meets your needs.
Watch Dr. Gentry briefly explain in this video.